With over 25 years of experience in Family Engagement, Dr. Constantino has designed and delivered award-winning keynotes, concurrent sessions training, masterclasses, and customized professional development services to education clients around the United States and worldwide. You now have the opportunity to join national expert Dr. Steve Constantino for a unique year-long exploration into authentic family engagement practices through his Five Simple Principles ™ model and curriculum.
Action-Oriented Family Engagement
The '5 Simple Principles’ to build trust, improve relationships and solve systemic problems in schools
Instructor: Dr. Steven ConstantinoLearn more
Meet Your Instructor
Educational teams and Individuals will engage in a series of intentional learning activities:
- Using the 5 Simple Principles, teams/individuals will design a process of active outreach to increase the engagement of families with attention focused on those families that are traditionally disengaged or disenfranchised.
- Develop inclusive Family Engagement plans that address and remove barriers to effective engagement.
- Determine specific strategies that can be implemented by district/school/program staff to engage families more effectively with ongoing learning in school.
- Explore the role that technology can play to enhance the efforts to fully engage families.
- Explore the tools and processes that can be used to collect information on present conditions and specific best practices to enhance present efforts in family engagement.
- Increase participants knowledge of and enthusiasm to engage every family.
Join our latest cohort and your team enhance capacity and build skills in the following areas:
- A deep review and explanation of The Five Simple Principles ™ Model. Measurement tools are provided to assess present level of performance with regard to the Five Principles. Baseline data will be collected throughout the year-long program.
- Understand the concept of authentic family engagement and its relationship to achieving desired student outcomes.
- Learn the systemic causes of family disengagement and applicable solutions to re-engage families.
- Improved understanding of the role that culture plays in shaping the conditions conducive to authentic family engagement..
- Review of the Five Simple Principles ™ tools designed to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the present culture, communication protocols and relationships with all families.
- Identify proven policies and practices to improve family engagement across educational settings
- An understanding of how to create measurable goals and objectives to effectively track the progress of family engagement and its impact on student learning outcomes and experiences in school.
- An opportunity for teams to implement learning and collect data between sessions in order to plan for authentic family engagement throughout the year.
School districts use The Constantino Group to build capacity
"Attending the Master Class was a true privilege. Applying the learning and receiving immediate feedback allows me to implement the strategies immediately in my work setting!"
Director of Family Engagement, Klein ISD (TX)
"Steve is a passionate, captivating, and motivating speaker. He offers practical and common-sense advice, based on his years of research and practice experience, about how to create and sustain effective family-school partnerships."
Karen L. Mapp, Ed.D.
Senior Lecturer on Education, Harvard Graduate School of Education
"If anyone would like to add to their personal growth or their contribution to the community, I would highly recommend Dr. Constantino’s Master Classes and resources."
Family and Community Engagement Specialist, Aldine ISD (TX)
Tuesday, September 19th, 2023 | 3:00 - 4:30 PM EST
Problem of Practice: Charting Success and Real Results in Authentic Family Engagement
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2023 | 3:00 - 4:30 PM EST
Principle #1: Creating a Culture to Engage Every Family
Tuesday, October 17th, 2023 | 3:00 - 4:30 PM EST
Principle #2: communicate Effectively and Develop Relationships
Tuesday, October 31st, 2023 | 3:00 - 4:30 PM EST
Principle # 3: Build Family Efficacy
Tuesday, November 14th, 2023 | 3:00 - 4:30 PM EST
Principle #4: Engage Every Family in Decision-Making
Tuesday, November 28th, 2023 | 3:00 - 4:30 PM EST
Principle #5: Engage the Greater Community.
Tuesday, December 12th, 2023 | 3:00 - 4:30 PM EST
Authentic Family Engagement: Review of Action-Research Case Studies
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the 5SP Leadership Cohort?
Join national expert Dr. Steve Constantino for a unique year-long exploration into authentic family engagement practices through his Five Simple Principles ™ model and curriculum. Dr. Constantino has designed the first-ever Engage Every Family Learning Cohort to bring together teams, and individuals, who are interested in strategically developing, implementing and measuring successful practices for creating authentic family engagement. Each cohort will begin with a 3-hour kick-off session in which participants will be introduced to the 5 Simple Principles Model of Family Engagement and a review of strategic objectives for ongoing bi-monthly coaching sessions.
Why do this as part of a cohort?
The cohort model is designed to give Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, Project/Program Directors, Building Level Leadership, Family Support Specialists, Site Administrators, District and County Office Administrators, Site Parent Engagement teams an affordable and convenient way to facilitate strategic conversations around authentic family engagement. During monthly 90 min. coaching sessions, teams will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with members of the Constantino Group to review key strategies for family engagement and develop needs-specific family engagement plans. Through individualized activities participants will apply their learnings, bring forward challenges, and brainstorming solutions using data collected between sessions. Each group can register up to (5) members of their leadership teams or individuals may register on their own.
What’s included in this program?
Delivered over the course of the school year, the cohort includes a 3-hour kick-off conversation, (7) scheduled strategic 90-minute coaching sessions, and a closing 3-hour session that covers an implementation review. Additionally, participating schools/districts/programs can choose to invest in 1:1 executive coaching, additional presentations, or on-site implementation support. In addition, all participants will receive a copy of Dr. Constantino’s bestselling book Engage Every Family: Five Simple Principles (2nd Ed.)
Who should participate?
This cohort is designed for Superintendents, Assistant Superintendents, Project/Program Directors, Building Level Leadership, Family Support Specialists, Site Administrators, District and County Office Administrators, Site Parent Engagement teams.
How will this help my team?
The cohort experience provides a unique opportunity for teams to move away from one-time learning experiences and towards implementing Dr. Constantino’s Five Simple Principles ™ with the ongoing guidance and support throughout the year. In each session, individuals, and teams will have designated time to collaborate and connect with members of the Constantino Group as well as others who also have a passion for authentic family engagement. Through participating in a cohort model, participants will use an iterative thinking model to formalize systemic changes that will guarantee authentic engagement for ALL families.
Let's work together
Would your district like to send multiple teams or even do this cohort with Dr. Constantino as a district? Please complete the form below and we will contact you.